Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Morgan Joyce: featured Model: July



Morgan Joyce: Moment to Answer Q & A

Jake: As a young model and stylist, how have you found it to make a niche for yourself in the tattoo, music and fashion scenes?
Morgan: I personally found the journey to be difficult, yet easy. It's hard to explain. It was difficult initially to make a name for myself, but once I did, it really sky-rocketed for me. I feel like there isn't anyone else out there who is very similar to me and that's what I love.

J: You've been featured in several publications and guest appeared as a model on a prime time Spike TV show "Ink Master;" how do you feel media has affected the tattooing world?
M: I am not sure how I feel about it. I love how media has made tattoos look less taboo. I really think it's great that it's becoming more appreciated as an actual artform. But at the same time, it's almost too mainstream now. There are SO many tattoo shows and a lot of them are scripted. With all the drama and egos, sometimes it makes the industry look bad.

J: As a public figure and alternative model, you represent several venues that reflect a "tattooing lifestyle;" where do you see yourself in this venue 5 and 10 years down the road?
M: I don't see my life to be much different in 5 - 10 years. Other than hopefully being even more successful and well known, I still hope to be doing what I'm doing. I hope I will have made a real name for myself.

J: How long have you been a free-lance stylist and how did you get into styling?
M: I have been doing hair for 7 years, but professionally for 5 years. I went to a vocational school so I was certified in hair styling & cosmetology at the age of 16. At age 17, I got licensed. After working in a salon for about a year, I realized that the environment really wasn't for me. It's filled with way too much drama. Also, I'm not good at answering to people or being told what to do in certain situations. So I decided to strictly freelance, and it's worked out wonderfully for me.

J: Getting to work with big names in music, art and fashion; how do you cope with constant day to day of keeping up with the high speed world going on around you?
M: I feed off of the energy, really. Although when I hit the pillow at night I am so grateful to be in bed. I have SO much fun with my jobs that the stress really just cancels itself out. I'm all about it.

J: What is your most significant tattoo and why?
Who was it done by?
M: Most significant in size, or meaning? Either way it's a tie between a few. I'm never able to answer these questions. I guess I'd have to say my most MEANINGFUL tattoo is the one on my thigh. It's done in my mom's handwriting, and is a cover-up of self harm scars. It represents my recovery.

J: What made you start thinking about getting into music, fashion and the tattoo world?
M: I took fashion classes for 3 years in high school. I've always been an artsy person but am not very good at drawing or creating. But once I realized I could express myself through body art- I knew that's how I wanted to decorate myself. As soon as I turned 18 I got a tattoo and started pursuing my dreams.

J: If you we're able to be tattooed by one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
M: This is such a difficult question. My two favorite artists are tied. Gianna Galli at 1228 Tattoo in Brooklyn, NY and Brian Monkeyboy Fusaro at Freehold Tattoo in Freehold, NJ are my two main artists. I love both of their styles. Can I pick both? 😊

J: What's the next step for you in your career?
M: I'm not quite sure. I hope to just keep growing and getting my name out there. I work really hard in all aspects of my career, so I'll see what comes my way next!









No comments:

Post a Comment